Lucille Espetveidt - HomeStyle Charm
Lucille Espetveidt, owner of knitted goods brand HomeStyle Charm, shares how she got started, her inspiration, and her favorite Bonnyville restaurant. You can find Lucille's creations HERE.
How did you get started knitting?
"I remember being at my Memere's house when I was about 10 or 12. I asked her to teach me to knit, so she gave me a ball of white yarn. By the time I was done, I'm sure it was grey because of how often I had to take it apart and restart. But by the end, I had a scarf! I didn't do much knitting for a few years and it wasn't until I was in college that I really picked up my needles, and I haven't put them down since!
What inspires/motivates you?
Family is the most important thing to me. I love when everyone gets together, whether it is for a weekend brunch (we can have up to 50 people at a family brunch, though regularly it is about 20), a holiday meal, or camping at the cabin. I love spending time together, hearing what everyone has been up to, playing card games and visiting around the campfire. (Pre-COVID)
Lucille's Fast Five Facts
- I'm left-handed, so although I am always knitting, you won't find me crocheting (unless it is a flat item). I have to reverse the pattern in my head for it to turn out properly!
- We spend a lot of time at the cabin in the summer. If you come by for a visit, you can find me knitting by the campfire!
- My favorite hidden gem for pizza in Bonnyville is Paisano's. It has been our family favorite for many years.
- I'm born and raised in Bonnyville, and have been here most of my life.
- I am learning how to quilt, and I am still always learning new things about knitting.
You can find Lucille's creations HERE.